From SABR Encyclopedia
The SABR Baseball Encyclopedia is an online, community-edited project to produce the definitive resource for information on the history of baseball.
 Editorial policies
The editorial policies of the project are being developed in parallel with content. The starting rule of thumb is that if there is no existing guidance in the documentation, the policies recommended by Wikipedia (see Wikipedia's self-documentation) should be used as a starting point. Many issues which arise are likely to have already been faced by Wikipedia, either directly, or via similar cases which can be used for inspiration. The fact the SABR Encyclopedia focuses primarily on baseball-related topics may require modification or extension of some Wikipedia guidelines, in particular on notability and on usages related to the SABR Manual of Style.
 Index of guidelines
An index of guidelines formulated so far.
- SABR Encyclopedia:People: General guidelines and information about pages referring to people.
- SABR Encyclopedia:Editing People Pages: Some how-tos for common situations that arise when doing biographical research.
- SABR Encyclopedia:Naming conventions (people): Naming conventions for pages referring to people.
- SABR Encyclopedia:College names: Standard names for colleges and universities for use in infoboxes for people.
- SABR Encyclopedia:Ballparks: General guidelines and information about pages referring to ballparks.
- SABR Encyclopedia:External links: The Encyclopedia aims to organize existing information as well as provide an authoritative resource. Here are some guidelines for external linking.