From SABR Encyclopedia
| Richard Myers
|| 5' 6"
|| 1930-4-7 at Sacramento, CA (US)
was a professional player.
- Resided in Sacramento, California in 1952 and 1953.
- Pitched against Tommy Bridges of Portland who shut out the Sacramento Solons 6-0 in his first game; Myers left the game with the count 3-0 but he gave up only five hits, the same number handed out by Bridges.
- Smashing a 370 foot home run against the Sacramento scoreboard while playing semi-pro ball was his greatest thrill.
- Attended Elk Grove High School.
- Won the athletic sportsmanship award twice in high school.
- Played American Legion ball.
Outside of baseball
- Was a farmer during the off-season in 1952.
- 1952 Pacific Coast League Thumbnail Sketches.
- 1953 Pacific Coast League Sketch Book.