From SABR Encyclopedia
| Robert Randall Bragan
|| 5' 10"
|| 1917-10-30 at Birmingham, AL (US)
|| 2010-1-21 at Fort Worth, TX (US)
|| Greenwood Memorial Park in Fort Worth, TX (US)
was a professional player and manager.
- Resided in Fort Worth, Texas in 1953.
- Self-identified as being of English-Irish ancestry.
- Started as an infielder in 1937 with Panama City in the Alabama-Florida League and switched to catching in 1942 when he was a member of the Philadelphia Phillies and all of their catchers were injured and Manager Hans Lobert asked if anyone could catch; Bragan had caught a bit around Birmingham in sandlot and semi-pro circles.
- During the winter of 1952 he managed Almendares in the Cuban League.
- Per 1953 PCL Sketch book, was manager of Fort Worth in the 1948, 1949, 1950, 1951 and 1952 Texas League.
Outside of baseball
- Served as an infantry lieutenant in the U.S. Army in World War II in 1945-1946.